Eviction Notice Template: An eviction notice is prepared by a landlord and given to the tenant to remove a tenant from his/ her property. However, an eviction notice is not a dismissal letter by itself as the tenant has his own rights and options when presented with an eviction letter. An eviction letter is usually written to convey that the eviction process could start if a tenant is not able to fulfill the procedure that is written in the rental agreement. There could be any reason for the eviction notice, following are the most common reasons;
- A tenant is not able to pay the rent within a decided timeframe as mentioned in the rental agreement.
- A tenant has broken the important rule or clause of the rental agreement.
These are two major reasons due to which most of the eviction letters are written. However, an eviction notice does not mean a dismissal unless the tenant is not able to fix the issues even after the eviction letter.
If you're here to download a free template then feel free to download the one that you find more useful. If you're here to know more about the eviction process or how it works then read the informative sections as well. Let's start with free templates section first and then the eviction process section and so on.
What is Eviction Notice?
An eviction notice is served when a tenant is unable to pay the rent in time or breach the important clause of the rental agreement. The purpose of the eviction letter is to inform tenant about the deadline to pay the payment of the rent plus the late payment fees. If any other important clause is breached then the proper owner can give the tenant a condition to repair a breached agreement and the stipulated time for the correction to be complete. However, there are places where the landlord may force the tenant to leave the property without allowing him time for carrying out a rectification.
A tenant has the option to approach an attorney after getting an eviction letter. If a tenant is having some financial issues then consider approaching a nonprofit legal aid organization.
This particular is particularly loaded with free eviction notice/ letter templates along with other important information related to eviction letter. Here we've covered various aspects such as
- how the eviction process works,
- what are the steps involved in the eviction process,
- easy ways to write an eviction notice/ letter,
- uses of eviction notice templates and more.
Example of Eviction Notice Form
Eviction Notice Template
30 Days Eviction Notice
3 Days Eviction Notice
How does the Eviction Process Works?
Following are the steps which are involved in the eviction process.
- Issuing of the eviction notice to the tenant: The first step is a written eviction notice which is given by the landlord to the tenant to vacate the rented property. This type of notice is given if a tenant is unable to comply with the terms & conditions that are required as per the rental agreement.
- The tenant talking to the landlord: The second step involves the tenant talking to the landlord. The purpose of this discussion is to settle the issues or dispute that are going on. If a tenant agrees to complete all the formalities that are required or comply with the clause that is written in the rental agreement then the eviction lawsuit won't be filed by the landlord. If a tenant failed to or not comply with the clause even after the eviction notice then the next step will proceed.
- The tenant receiving eviction papers from the court: The third step in the eviction process involves where the landlord file the lawsuit and the tenant receiving the eviction suit papers from the court.
- The tenant answering the eviction case: The date on which the tenant has to appear at the court is mentioned on the eviction suit papers. The court will then give the tenant and the landlord the hearing date of the eviction lawsuit.
- The eviction hearing: The last step is the hearing of the lawsuit in the court. The tenant will have to give his/her side of the story by use of any evidence in his/her possession. The tenant is only allowed to use the help of live witnesses to support his/her allegations.
Then the judgment will be passed. If the landlord wins then the tenant will be given a period of five days to appeal the decision or he/she may decide to move out of the property. In case the tenant wins the case the landlord will also be given a period of five days to appeal the decision of the court.
Easiest Way to Write an Eviction Notice?
Nowadays it's not difficult when it comes to preparing an eviction notice because there are tons of free templates which are available on the internet. You can simply download any well-prepared template and then make few changes to make an eviction notice. However, there are few points that one should always consider while preparing an eviction notice, here is how you can go about writing such a notice.
- A formal tone is not. An eviction notice is a formal letter so there should be formal tone only. If you're experienced in writing formal letters then write one by yourself, else take help or hire someone to do the job for you.
- Make sure to follow the correct and proper business format for writing such a notice. It is important that you in detail the reason for evicting your tenants.
- If you're ready for any sort of reconciliation or negotiation then state this too in your notice.
Wondering why these eviction notice templates are so popular and why everyone is using them to prepare an eviction letter. When it comes to writing a formal letter especially an eviction notice, you get stuck what to include and what, even though you are a professional. That's why its always helpful when you have a reference or sample by your side to take a look at.
Printable Eviction Notice Form
Tenant Eviction Notice
Conviction Notice Form
What are the Uses of Eviction Notice?
Let us take a look at the uses of eviction notices.
- Allow users to give a straightforward or mention the clear reason for the eviction.
- A landlord can also mention if there are any other issues or any other breach of contract that is needed to be taken care of.
- It's important for a landlord to first issue the eviction notice and then proceed with the other legal things. An eviction process could be serious as a tenant has his/ her rights. Both the parties could approach a court for settlement.
- The user can state the notice period clearly in the document, thereby ensuring that the tenant does not cite this as a reason for not vacating the premises.
This site offers multiple free eviction notice templates available in various categories, formats, and layout. All the templates are downloadable and editable. Feel free to download any template that you find more appropriate as per your requirement. You can make use of these receipt templates to make your own receipt easily in no matter of time with fewer efforts.