Pay Stub Templates: A pay stub or paycheck is a document which is received by an employee from an employer in return for the services that an employee has rendered. All the information related to payment such as amount earned within a particular pay period and the amount deducted due to taxes etc are included in the pay stub. This document is referred by many names such as payslip, paycheck, pay advice, check stub. This document is actually important for an employee as it gives him/her the information on wages and acts as a proof of income or employment.
What is a Pay Stub?
A pay stub is required whenever a person is applying for any sort of loan, mortgage, or any other finances. Not only employees but also employers benefit from pay stub by having a correct proof of payment made to the employees.
There are multiple ways through which employers pay the employees such as electronic paychecks, physical paychecks, payroll cards, payroll warrants etc. Most of the employees prefer receiving a payment directly to their bank account as electronic paychecks. If an employee doesn't have a bank account then a payroll card can be issued.
In today's time, electronic payment is made more often and that's why companies provide electronic pay stub which can be further printed. As an employer who issues both electronic and physical paychecks, it's important to have a pay stub template in order to save some time while creating a pay stub or paycheck. Different types of pay stubs templates are available here for free download in different formats such as PDF, Word, and Excel.
This is how a Pay Stub template looks like;
Free Printable Pay Stub Templates
There are multiple expansive softwares available for creating a professional looking pay sub. A big company or large organization can afford to spend on such expensive software and computer programs. But there are small businesses and companies which cannot afford such expensive programs and software and that's where the need of pay stub templates came into existence.
Using a pay stub template can help a company in making a pay stub in no matter of time without going wrong. Download any pay stub template from below and then simply add own details into the template to generate suitable pay stubs in just a few minutes. There are multiple formats available below, but an Excel format is the most preferred one when it comes of pay stubs or paychecks.
What to Include in a Pay Stub?
A collection of useful pay stub templates is provided below available in multiple formats, layout, and designs. All the pay stub templates are easily downloadable, editable, easy to use, and prepared within the legal bindings. It is recommended to download a professionally built template to save your time in making one, but if you've decided to make a pay stub from scratch then make sure to include some version of the following details:
- Company Information: Include the company's name, location, contact information. Add a company logo, if required. Also, include the name of an employee’s manager or department.
- Employee Information: Include required employee information such as a name, address, employee ID number, or other details.
- Check Number: A check number can be added for tracking and record-keeping purposes.
- Pay Period: Make sure to mention the current pay period. Having a pay period listed gives a clear documentation for both employees and employers.
- Payment Details: A pay stub can show the amount of payment paid and how much amount was deducted in the form of taxes or any other form. A detailed pay stub may include hourly wages, overtime pay, vacation hours, and other disbursements in order to give a complete detail of the payment being made.
- Deductions: This section may include taxes, Social Security payments, retirement or health care deductions, and any other funds the employer deducts from the employee’s gross pay.
Here are a few templates that one can choose from. You can edit a template after downloading it. Feel free to download and use any of the pay stub templates from below.
A pay stub or paycheck is part of every business whether it's big or small. A pay stub or paycheck is given by an employer to his/her employee in response to the services rendered by the employee. Creating a pay stub from scratch in excel is quite a task, but having a template at the place makes the whole process a lot easier. All you need to do is download any template from above in excel and then enter payments and deductions, and the template will automatically calculate the totals.
Keep checking Template Part for more useful templates in other categories, format, and layouts.